these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Feb 24, 2009

hooked...

in spite of waking up at an early hour, i am already planning another all-nighter. coffee brewing and brain stewing, i am only in the mood to keep moving, keep working, go farther. i've spent the last few hours (and few days) crocheting. the banner project i started a year ago seems fitting again somehow and i'm happy to pick it back up. maybe it's the cleaning/sorting/weeding project in my home, the need to make my outside more closely resemble my inside, that has led me back to making banners... maybe being trapped inside by the rain makes me more introspective... whatever the reason, i am definitely not arguing with it. it was and is one of my most beloved projects. besides, it's a great way to come up with new ideas and just let my mind skip around while i wait for the big paintings to dry. text based work has always been one of my great loves anyhow: an excuse to look for poetry! and you know what a sappy, romantic glutton i am for that stuff! TOTAL poetry nerd! the rain most likely IS responsible for my plath/sexton obsession of the past few days, however. i've been taking the poems in like good medicine - a dose every few hours when i need to stretch my fingers away from the crochet hook. it works wonders.

No comments: