these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Dec 27, 2008

winding down...

2008:

graduating from my dream school, CCA, with High Distinction no less!
marking my first year anniversary being represented by HANG
Monster Drawing Rally
A bunch of exhibitions
inclusion in The Counterfeit Crochet Project
moving... yet again :(
getting a poem published for the very first time
opening the shop
final visit to my "childhood" home
applications for grants and residencies
rejection letters
losing a member of my family
getting in contact with an old friend again
starting over
putting things to rest
began writing again
writing everyday
started jogging again
back to work at the frame shop
first white hair
first panic attack
fell in love all over again
learned things the hard way
got rid of half of my possessions
some more rejection
keeping up the blog
making tons of new work
made my first set of curtains
read ALOT!
lost my mind for awhile
found it a little while later
voted
celebrated
recovered

... and after all of that, i am increasingly hopeful. for as much bad as there has been this year, there's also been a substantial amount of good.

on new year's eve, i'll be hiding from all the madness in my little studio. i can't think of a better way to celebrate.

No comments: