these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Nov 9, 2008

sweat...

day 2 of jogging with my dog (which is totally wonderful for the both of us)! i used to be quite the dedicated little runner but one degree and 2 slipped disks later, i've sort of fallen of the wagon. but damn it feels good to be back at it! i was initially pretty worried that the jarring nature of jogging would send the dreaded (and highly painful) twinge of a potential slipped disk radiating up my spine and down my legs but i had no pain whatsoever and pretty minimal stiffness this morning from yesterday's jog. i think i'm in the clear! YAY! it's something that i've really missed doing. in the past, jogging really helped clear my mind, relieve stress, and gave me great sleep in edition to making me pretty buff. and i'm gung-ho about sticking with it now that my schedule is wide open. while i was in school (and working full-time), my health wasn't exactly a priority. i just didn't have the time for it - at least not in any kind of regular, meaningful way. i worked-out sporadically and, although something is better than nothing, it just wasn't all that beneficial. now that i've got the time to take care of myself, i'm going to. and while i was out there jogging today i figured out a few of the issues that are plaguing a certain painting i've got going and haven't been able to resolve. goodness all the way around.

2 comments:

Seamus Berkeley said...

Hi Angela,

Caught this posting about running, which can be pretty hard on the body - lots of pounding on the skeleton. Perhaps you already do yoga? I find it to be a good way to enter the zone with much less impact on my bones and a lot more friendly for my back.

angela simione said...

hi seamus,

i have yet to hop on board the yoga train. my sister's been after me for years to give it a try. maybe it's time. i am concerned about my back and minimizing the chances of slipping a disk again in the future... do you recommend going to a class to start?

angela