these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Oct 3, 2008

up all night making prints...

yes, it's true. i got on a roll and just couldn't stop. here's some of what i came up with:
















this work is an extension of the 'black dresses' series i've been working on and, though it's sorta creepy, there's something about it i really love: the nostalgic air of the image, the violence i've done to it, and (my true love) black ink on white paper.

this last one is my favorite of the group so far. it is the largest, measuring 22" x 30" (the others are all 11" x 15"), and i am seriously considering keeping this one for my private collection.

these prints are completely printed and painted by hand. i cut the block of the paper doll the other night and used it here, repeated, across the page. they are printed with water-based ink and the hand painted elements are done with gouache. such a beautiful matte finish.

i've posted two of these at my shop. check it out! :)

No comments: