these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Oct 27, 2008

lazy days and scary movies...

after building and stretching some fairly large canvasses the other night with my sweetheart, i ended up needing (and taking) a bit of a break from the whole art thing in general. it's been pretty nice, actually. my new zines came in the mail a few days ago so i've been re-reading them every few hours for the passed three days (fun!), and have been forcing myself to watch scary movies (i have no tolerance for them at all and am trying, slowly, to get over that). and i think i'll spend the rest of the day today doing more of the same and have one more day off from production and introspection. sometimes it is completely necessary for me to take a big step back from the work. the ideas i generally deal with aren't exactly happy and fun and getting so wrapped up in them can become pretty exhausting... not to mention, sad. it's just a good idea to get back to playing with my dog, being outside, and talking to friends... remembering the small pleasures in life. and so i'm indulging those desires and smiling about it the entire time. :) hope everyone had a great weekend and that the new week is off to a great start! being that we're so close to Halloween now, there are a ton of scary movies on TV... check 'em out! or recommend a few of your favorites to me so i can be less of a baby about them. even the most silly, unbelievable bad B-grade horror flicks scare the pants of me.

No comments: