these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 27, 2008

ZINES ARE WONDERFUL! HOORAY FOR ZINES!

YAY! i finally got my new zine in the mail yesterday and kept going back to it between drawing sessions all day long. it's sarah mcneil's zine "Lines on Paper and Other Things", a companion to the art exhibition she curated of the same name. all of the work is so great! and the zine itself is so well made and fantastically cute that, even today, i've had a hard time putting it down. i love it!



sarah mcneil's cute but creepy drawings captivated me some months back and i'm so glad to have a bit of her work now. i'll definitely be saving my pennies to buy the real thing one day. she's also got an etsy shop, fun is cool, where not only can you order this zine, but original drawings (like the one above) and her handmade, intricate and lovely bird broaches. check it out!

No comments: