these texts are an archive of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area from march 2007 - march 2015. it stands as a record of close to a decade of my life, charting the struggles i faced as an artist, daughter, and lover. messy and chaotic at times, eloquent and poetic at others, these texts are an index i am proud of. it was here in this electric box that i learned how to be honest about my experiences and the person i needed to become. it was here that i first learned the truism that words make the world and how to trust such a beautiful, rife, hard fact.

thank you for meeting me here in such tall grass.


my artist website is here.

Sep 25, 2008

art storage overflow!

spent another day doing the big, top-to-bottom, fall cleaning session at home and realized what a massive inventory of art i've got: well over 80 pieces of art crammed in to our little house. dang! alot of the work is small and on paper, which is fairly easy to store, but about half of this jumbo art pile are oils on canvas. wall space is at a definite premium.

so... i started the daunting but extremely necessary task of scouting out galleries today. i've just got too much work and it's unrealistic to think my gallery can handle it all. and being that i produce new work on a daily basis, my collection grows pretty quickly... too quickly for me to even keep track of sometimes. i made a stack of all the work that still needs to be photographed (24 pieces) and will spend some time tomorrow documenting them while the light is good. in the meantime, i'm having to come up with some creative storage solutions... the best one being to just get the work out there for people to see.

finding an appropriate space for artwork can be a lenghty process though. it's by no means a quick fix. i like to keep my eye on galleries i'm interested in for months before sending an artist packet their way. i like feeling confident that my work not only fits well with a space's over-riding aesthetic but that it also fills a niche. so, for the next few weeks i'll have to cut back on my playtime a bit and do some real artist work - pound the pavement and see if i can't uncover a few new avenues for finding homes for all my lovelies. there are a few choice galleries i've had my eye on for quite some time now... i've just got take a deep breath and go for it.

No comments: